How to get there?
To reach Fount Estremiero in Castans, you can use several transportation options. Here are general guidelines for reaching our place.
Please keep in mind that we’re located at a remote place. The nearest shop is a 20 minute drive and the nearest city is Carcassonne, which is a 45 minute drive. We offer a shuttle service with our Volkswagen van (Caravelle) to Carcassonne and nearby touristic sites such as the caves of Cabrespine. Our van can transport up to 7 people with luggage.
- By Air:
The nearest major airport is Carcassonne Airport (CCF). After arriving at the airport it’s a 45 min. drive. To reach Castans you can use our shuttle service or rent a car.
Another option is to fly at Toulouse-Blagnac Airport, which is a major international airport. From there, you have a couple of options:
- Make use of our shuttle service and be picked up in our lovely van (Volkswagen Caravelle) by Simon himself.
- Car Rental: Rent a car from the airport and drive to Castans. The journey takes about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- You can also take a shuttle or taxi from the airport to Toulouse train station. From the train station, you can then take a train to Carcassonne. After reaching Carcassonne, follow the earlier instructions (our own shutte service or car rental) to get to Castans.
- By Train:
The nearest train station is Carcassonne Train Station (Gare de Carcassonne). From there, you can use our own shuttle service, take a taxi or rent a car to reach Fount Estremiero. We can also pick you up at Narbonne train station or Toulouse train station.
- By Car:
To get to Fount Estremiero by car, you can take two potential routes, either via Carcassonne or via Castres. Here are directions for both routes:
Route via Carcassonne:
- Take A61 towards Carcassonne:
- Leave A61 at Carcassonne (exit 23 when coming from Toulouse and exit 24 coming from Narbonne)
- Follow D6161 (via exit 23) or D6113 (via exit 24) towards Z.I. Pont-Rouge
- Follow D149 and D620
- Take the exit onto D112 towards Villeneuve-Minervois and Cabrespine
- Stay on D112 and follow signs towards Castans (via D9)
- Follow D9 until you reach Bourdials where you’ll notice our own signs
Route via Castres and Mazamet:
- Take D612 towards Mazamet:
- Follow D54 and D112 towards Pradelles-Cabardès
- Take the exit onto D89 towards Castans
- At the intersection with D9, turn right and follow D9 until you reach Bourdials where you’ll notice our own signs
If you’re driving, you can preferably use a GPS navigation system or online maps to plan your route.
- By Car Rental:
Renting a car provides flexibility, especially if you want to explore the surrounding areas. Car rental agencies can be found at airports, train stations and mostly in the larger towns or cities (such as Carcassonne, Toulouse, Narbonne, …).
Are dogs allowed?
Yes we are a dog welcoming bed and breakfast. But let us know in advance.
How can we pay?
You can pay by credit card, debit card, Payconiq or electronical payments (i.e. Google pay, Apple pay, …).
You can pay with cash.
We accept payments by cheques but ask an additional fee of 5%.